About Our Services
Doncaster Women’s Aid has been established over 35 and helps approximately 5000 women per year, dealing with the impact on approximately 10,000 children and 250 men per year who have been affected by Domestic Violence in the Doncaster Region. Our main objective is to:
- Source safe temporary refuge accommodation for women and their children fleeing domestic violence.
- Empowering women to make informed choices about their, future, whether they choose to stay in or leave the abusive relationship through the provision of advice and support services.
- Recognise and meet the needs of children affected by Domestic Violence
- Conduct research in the field of Domestic Violence.
- Provide training to external agencies on specific issues in relation to Domestic Violence.
- To campaign for local and national improvements in service provision for women and their children subjected to Domestic Violence.
- Contributing to and campaigning for local and national improvements in service provision for women and their children subjected to Domestic Violence and Abuse, Forced Marriage, Honor Based Violence, Female Genital Mutilation, Child Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking
- Providing volunteer training and volunteer opportunities.
- Provision of Food-bank Vouchers to families in crisis as a registered distributer on behalf of the Trussell Trust and www.doncaster.foodbank.org.uk to families in crisis.